Sunday 28 June 2009

Hand down the toilet...


I dropped my toothpaste down the toilet today and so had to fish it out by putting my hand down the toilet. For someone who has OCD I was impressed with myself for getting my toothpaste back. This all made me think...

How often do we put our hand down the toilet - not in the literal sense. We don't physically place our hand in a toilet. If you think about things we do, how we act, they can look clean and pure from the outside but can be dirty on the inside. Just like a toilet. The water looks clean but it isn't.

How often do we end up in those sort of situations? If its going out for a few drinks with mates that turn into more than a few drinks. If its innocently kissing your boyfriend or girlfriend and then it goes further. If its have the odd social cigarette with a friend that becomes an addiction to nicotine?

There are many other things that can be considered as hand down the toilet moments. As Christians we need to learn to know when we are about to put our hand down the toilet and then be strong enough to walk away.

What toilet moments do you have? How can you change them?

No comments:

Post a Comment